Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Meritocracy and Chance

A wonderful read by Leonard Mlodinow http://www.forbes.com/2008/04/10/performance-pay-meritocracy-oped-utopia08-cx_lm_0410mlodinow.html
The author explains how the whole idea of JUDGING a person's merit or ability on the basis of Past Successes (read spent laurels) is flawed. Not only do I believe it as he says but it is as true as it can get.
See, First read the srticle, then you will be able to relate it to your life as well.
All of us do at sometimes do some amazing things, then sometime later we are there , lying low, thinking how , at that time we did such a spectacular deed.!11
The truth is we still can.
Of all the variables that determine the completion of a particular work- as delineated in the Hindu Philosophy viz. Adhisthanam(place), Karta (Doer), Karna (Means), Chesta(Actions), Daiva(Destiny) what I personally percieve to be in my own hands is chesta!!! If all other variables other than chesta are satisfied and still Iam not able to do it, MEANS I should be ready to take the blame SQUARELY on myself, But it is not Viceversa, If it is all hunky dory, there were anyway influences beyond the domain of my ability ofcourse , so I can not SQUARELY praise myself!!! That is the best thing to think in such times, and that is why it is said that happiness is in the flow, keep failing, keep trying till you are asked to terminate that darn progression, and that will be the moment when all the failures culminate to give a MONUMENTAL Success, over nobody but self, as if asking in a smirk "So you thought you could not do it??":), I try to paint a rosy picture, rest assured it is real too if only the missing variable is chesta, and I have not yet come across cases of the type OTHERWISE!!
Also Prep is heating up, DI has started scolding me , spanking me....HOOOOOOO i need to get going!!Have a nice day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment